Your privacy is important to us. At Daydreamer Chronicles, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Creative Commons Sharealike License
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Contact Information: If you decide to sign up for newsletter updates then you might provide some basic contact information to enable us to contact you.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us on a specific question, or sign up for a newsletter. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, WordPress.com comment, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our website, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Daydreamer Chronicles and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you. For example, sending out email newsletters. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of email communications at any time. Just send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming you want to be removed from the newsletter.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfil our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent–for example by opting in to the email newsletter via Voracious Readers.com.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your posts or other content that you make public on the website, and your “Likes” and comments are available to others.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to the website, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. This data is retained in the logs by Automattic (as the operator of WordPress) for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyse traffic to Automattic’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of their hosted websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of future communications: You may opt out of receiving future communications. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, WordPress sites do not respond to “do not track” signals across all of their Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using a WordPress site.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
The ‘controller’ means that they are the company or individual responsible for processing information as defined in the policy above. The ‘controller for information provided to the ‘Daydreamer Chronicles’ website is.
Jethro Punter, 24 Slipton Road, Burton Latimer, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom.
How to Reach Us
That’s it! Thanks for reading.